First off – thanks for trying Ancestry Press.
It’s been over 2 weeks now since we launched our beta. We’ve gotten a lot of valuable feedback and appreciate your patience as we work hard to iron out the kinks and improve this product as quickly as possible.
In this post I will list some of your most common requests, questions and problems along with some solutions and fixes. Unfortunately we haven’t been able to respond directly to all of your emails but we are logging your feedback and using it to guide us as we fix problems and add new features.
Here is a brief summary of the most common feedback that we have received so far.
- I want to be able to print all my pages at once instead of one page at a time. Status – We are currently working on a solution to allow you to print multiple pages at a time. Later this summer we will also be offering the ability to have your books professionally printed and bound.
- My pages are being cropped off when I print them. Status – We have a fix for this problem which is being tested and should be launched this week.
- I’d like to be able to select more than 4 generations. Status – Books are actually not limited to 4 generations nor are they limited to a particular tree. Once your book pages are generated, you can add more pages for anyone you want from any of your trees. In the future we intend to offer users more flexibility in selecting the number of generations that are automatically included in a book.
- I get the message that I have selected an invalid starting person. Status – This problem should be fixed now. If you see any lingering issues please let us know.
- I’d like to be able to turn off the background or change backgrounds. Status – We are in the process of creating the ability to select from a variety of different backgrounds (one of which will be a white or blank background). In the meantime, depending on how long it takes us to build this functionality, we may need to build a way for you to turn off the existing background.
- Don’t show alternate timeline events and residence events are not being displayed. Status – Alternate timeline events should no longer be displayed automatically and residence events should be added shortly.
- I cannot open or view a book that I’ve created. Status – This may be caused for a number of different reasons. Possible Solutions – There are 2 main ways to get back to a project once you have created one, 1) Click on the name of the project or on the “see all projects” link under the Ancestry Press Projects section under the My Ancestry tab on Ancestry.com 2) Go to www.AncestryPress.com and click on the My Projects tab. You can then click on the project name in the left hand column or click on the edit link by the name of your project in the Current Projects Section. If you still can’t view and edit your book you probably have a pop-up blocker that is stopping your project from opening. Turn off your pop-up blocker for AncestryPress.com and try again. If you continue to have problems please send us feedback and describe your problem in as much detail as you can.
We will begin to provide more frequent updates to this forum so please check back regularly. We recently added another page for user submitted hints and we’d encourage you to take advantage of this page to help other users make the most out of Ancestry Press.